Definitions: In these Terms and Conditions Scaff Security Alarms Ltd will be known as ‘the owners’
‘The equipment’ means alarms, lights, cameras, & any Other equipment let out on hire.
‘The Hirer’ means any person, company, organisation, Business, club etc that instructs the Owners to supply or fit ‘the equipment’ whether oral Or written.
- Any lost or damaged equipment will incur a replacement charge.
- The hire period begins and ends as stated in the quotation. The date will be printed on the first invoice.
- Equipment must not be interfered with, as a call out charge will be incurred to set the system.
- Nothing should be placed between the detection devices, as this will prevent the alarm from working.
- Additional charges will be made for any period of hire exceeding our quotation.
- Additional cost may be incurred if the work is required outside normal working hours.
- Abortive visits to site (i.e. site not ready etc) will incur our usual call out charges.
- Set up and dismantling charges are based on one uninterrupted visit to a standard 5 board wide scaffold. An extra charge is payable per additional visit.
- The hirer shall be responsible for loss or damage to ’ the equipment’ however caused and shall reimburse the owner in respect of equipment lost, stolen, or damaged to the full current catalogue price less 10%.
- The owners will make every effort to deliver, fit, alter, or remove ‘the equipment’ on the agreed date and time, but will not be held responsible for any loss or consequential loss due to the failure to keep to the preferred date and time.
- Scaff Security Alarms cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to buildings or third party property in the event that the alarm equipment fails to function for any reason whatsoever.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to inform the company that the equipment is to be removed.
- The hire charge will continue until the owners are notified.
- The hirer must give the company at least 24 hours notice to remove the equipment.
- Any hirer placing an order either oral or written will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Payment 30 Days after invoice date
- Additional hire charges will be calculated by the day and invoiced monthly.
Call out Charges
£70 for the first hour or part hour, plus parking fees unavoidably incurred, and £45 per hour or part hour thereafter.
- £85 per hour or part hour for calls between 6pm and 7am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday
- £45 per hour or part hour for each additional engineer.